Pages

Tuesday 16 February 2021



If I were a metal element I’d like to be Mercury and my symbol is hg
My atomic number is 80 which means I have 80 protons in my nucleus and 80 electrons around my nucleus.
At room temperature (20C) I will be a liquid
My melting point (the temperature when I turn from solid to liquid) is -38.83 °C
My boiling point (the temperature when I change from liquid to gas) is 356.7 °C
I was first discovered by 1500 B.C. and We do not know who discovered it
I am found in nature is usually found in ores such as cinnabar, livingstonite, and corderoite. Most mercury today is produced from the mining of cinnabar, a bright red ore.
My uses to humans are: to make thermometers, barometers and other scientific instruments tips switches with Mercury
Some interesting things about me are: I can be could make liquid mirrors and it's a liquid metal

No comments:

Post a Comment