Pages

Sunday 26 April 2020

mocha fudge brownie with Kahlua sauce

mocha fudge brownie with Kahlua sauce


for brownie:
375g dark chocolate
200g butter
2 cups of sugar
3 eggs
3 tsp sweetened coffee essence
1 1/2 cup flour


preheat the oven to bake at 180c. melt chocolate and butter together. mix melted butter with the sugar
eggs and coffee essence until smooth. mix in flour, pour into 20X30cm sponge tin lined with baking paper
and bake at 180c for 35-40 mins. cool in the tin for at least 20 mins before removing


Kahlua fudge sauce:
375g dark chocolate
300ml cream
1-2Tbsp Kahlua or sweetened coffee essence


Stir ingredients together over a gentle heat until melted and smoothly combined


It tasted a little bit of what I think is coffee and smelled like coffee apart from that just seems like a
normal brownie. I enjoyed melting the chocolate and I was confident in making this because I have been
baking for a long time.

We could not find Kahlua or coffee essence at our local shop so used substitution of instant coffee made up with hot water






2 comments:

  1. Pleased to hear your Baking at Home task was success, Kade. Using the instant coffee made with water would certainly give a good coffee flavour. I am glad to read you feel confident with your baking. Great use of photos.
    Next time, include how your outcome tastes, its texture, smell, colour etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kade
    This recipe sounds really yummy ... I might have to try it (I think I've got some coffee essence in the pantry somewhere). I liked the way you substituted the essence with instant coffee. I agree with Mrs Hindson - I wish you had included a picture of your brownies when you had finished.
    Don't forget to use correct punctuation (especially capital letters at the beginning of each sentence) when you write.
    Keep up the great blogging!
    - Mr Mitchell

    ReplyDelete